Monday, March 9, 2015

Some Things Just Aren't That Easy!

March 9, 2014

I have made my bed most of my life (except maybe during my rebellious adolescence)  It was never all that difficult.  But I confess to flumuxation!  (and if that is not a word, it should be)  In theory we have a walk-around queen bed.  Translated that means that we can each climb into or out of bed from our own side without having to climb over the other person.  But only the foot of the bed can be walked around, the rest is tightly packed against the sides of the boat.  So tucking in sheets or blankets is impossibly tight.  

And to further complicate the matter, there is very little headroom at the head of the bed.  Essentially, the only option is to make the bed while lying on top of it or on all fours.  Or, as we do in the morning, make the bed while still lying in it and then ever so carefully sliding out and crawling off.  A walk-around bed was very high on my list of "must have's" when we were boat searching.  I am not going to complain about how hard it is to make.  No, I'm not!


tucking in the bottom fitted sheet

pulling up the top sheet from underneath it

finished  and ready for bedtime


remaking the bed in the morning

1 comment:

  1. This is the same issue we have with the Roadtrek. Our answer was to get a "memory foam topper". You just have to roll the edge of the topper back across the bed, wrap the sheet and blanket over the edge and release. The topper falls back into place with the sheet and blanket (more or less) in place.

    That sounds easier than it really is but with practice, it works relatively well.

    I like the pillow cases !!!

    ReplyDelete